Thursday, May 3, 2007


I made my inner child doll, she is a wee bit worn out. I made her to resemble my extended childhood. I almost put her out in the yard, because I would forget my toys...and remember finding them in the yard, I would panic thinking my little friends alone and scared in the dark. I encluded a picture of her on the floor, since she is designed to flop on the floor well. I have not figured out how to rotate pictures, so ya' all can watch my techie skills grow with my blog. The doll's name is Flora, after a book I had as a child called Miss Flora Mc Flimsy. My Flora wears one shoe, in my art I have many red shoes, but red would not go with her dress. I did a close up of the dress I made from a hand towel I found at a flea market, a slip with old lace from a sleave of a long dead realitive. A wisp of red hair I was always 'fixing' my dolls hair. My mother was a wonderful seamstress, so her quality does not represent my mother's skill. But reflects my prolonged wild childhood, that ended just a few years ago. So it is easy to tap into the fun I had along the way. My favorite age was five, and I loved the unsupervised summer time. I could go on and on about being a kid. Best wishes to all. LIzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy

8 comments:

Lila Rostenberg said...

good work, great photos...! I can testify about your active inner child...! (A good thing for an artist to have BTW!)

Julie said...

I don't know what kind of computer system/software you have, but when I view my pictures in Windows Picture Viewer I can rotate them by clicking on the thingamajig at the bottom. You know, the whatsis that looks like a blue arrow on top of dark green and light green triangles. Just keep clicking until the picture appears right side up. Now how is that for a technical explanation. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

She is absolutly great. I must make my own.

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Lizzzzy, I think she is fabulous - kind of like the Velveteen Rabbit, she looks well loved already - not like she'd been abandoned. I have a wee vintage white cotton baby dress I bought a while back,I really should use it and make a doll like this. I, too,have a very active inner child!
XO

gma said...

Oh this is wonderful!!!!
Getting in touch with your inner child helps you love yourself...which we all need to do.

Unknown said...

Hi Lizzzzzzzy,

What an intuitive person you are. This morning I picked up my crayons for the first time in nine weeks. When I opened my dormant blog, there was a note from you telling me that it was time to get back to work, errr, PLAY.

This doll is quite meaningful to you, and is inspirational for me. I really like the drawings that you have posted in the previous three or four entries.

Miss Robyn said...

Lizzy - I didn't visit this post but wanted to say that she is beautiful and you have inspired me to make myself an inner child doll for me, as I am now... we constantly change so it will be good to look back on these dolls.
bless you and thankyou for your friendship. xoxo

Jitender Pal Singh Saan said...

Curious.

An artist needing to recede from reality.

You should be molding unreality into reality through your art.